We can buy the prepared teriyaki sauce or make it ourselves at home. It is ideal to accompany all kinds of meat or fish, and give them a touch of caramelization that is delicious. Name a culinary technique. The word «teriyaki» derives from the word «Teri», which refers to the brightness that the sauce gives it, and «yaki», which relates to the method of cooking it (roasted).
For the meatballs
- 500 g minced meat mixed pork and beef
- 1 unit of egg yolks
- One chopped garlic
- One cc of grated fresh ginger
- One cc of soy sauce
- Wheat flour
- Virgin olive oil
- White sesame seeds
- Bread crumbs
For the teriyaki sauce
- Six cs of soy sauce
- Two ccs of brown sugar
- Two cs of white wine vinegar
- One cc of dried ginger powder
- One cc of cornmeal
- Four cs of water
For the garnish
- 400 g Potatoes
- One cs of Butter
- 300 g Spinach
- Black pepper
1.Mix the meat with the egg yolk, chopped garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce and add the breadcrumbs to give it consistency.
2. Let endure half an hour or so.
3. Mix all the ingredients of the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and slightly reduce the result in a casserole.
4. Peel the potatoes, chop and cook in boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes.
5. Drain the potato and mash it with a fork by adding the butter until it has a pureed texture.
6.Cook the spinach 4-5 minutes in boiling saltwater.
7.Kind the meat-balls with the meat mix.
8. Pass them by flour and brown them in plenty of hot oil.
9. Add the meatballs in the casserole with the teriyaki sauce and let them cook together 5 minutes.
10. Serve the meatballs with the sauce and accompany with the mashed potatoes and cooked spinach.
11. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.