Teriyaki Sauce for Salmon is a combination of flavor and nourishment. Salmon is rich in protein, nutritions, and teriyaki can bring just the right smoky flavor into the dish. Teriyaki salmon is among the Japanese traditional dishes, so if you want to taste one typical Japanese dish, teriyaki salmon is what you should try.
What is the Best Teriyaki Sauce for Salmon/ Fish? - The Great Combination: Teriyaki Salmon With Store-bought Sauce
Most teriyaki sauce brands offer a bit salty flavor so it is not quite right to match with fish. Well, most of the time people would crave different flavors to match with fish and not just focus on one taste. The reason is that the fish meat is a bit plain so you have to add more flavor to it so it will appeal to one’s taste.
Therefore, if you want a teriyaki sauce for fish then you should find the best match which is the Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste Glaze Pineapple. This teriyaki sauce brand created a mixture of saltiness and sweetness by using pineapple concentrate and honey.
For those who don’t have much time to prepare for a meal, Kikkoman can help you create a shortcut. Just prepare the meat ahead, you can even marinate it for about 20 minutes for additional savor before you cook it then coat it with the teriyaki sauce once cooked. Partner this with rice and you can eat right away!
If You Don’t Have a Ready-Made Teriyaki Sauce in Your Kitchen, How to Make a Teriyaki Sauce for Salmon?
If you can’t find Kikkoman or any ready-made teriyaki sauce in your kitchen, local store or online, then you may also choose to prepare the sauce yourself since it only takes several minutes to cook:
- honey (1 tablespoon)
- brown sugar (5 teaspoons)
- soy sauce (¼ cup)
- water (1 cup)
- cold water (¼ cup)
- ground ginger (½ teaspoon)
- garlic powder (¼ teaspoon)
- cornstarch (2 tablespoons)
- Pour the following in a medium-heat pan: water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, and garlic powder. Mix them thoroughly for about a minute.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Pour this in the pan and stir continuously for about 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Some Interesting Teriyaki Salmon Dishes With Easy DIY Guide
Below, we have some great salmon teriyaki recipes that you can follow. Let’s check out our a few quick guides!
#1. Teriyaki Salmon on the Grill
This is the easiest recipe on how to cook teriyaki grilled salmon.
- salmon fillets (4pcs thick)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- green onions
- teriyaki sauce
- Dry the salmon fillets using the paper towels. Sprinkle the ground black pepper and the kosher salt on both sides of the salmon fillets.
- Grill per side until cooked but never overcook.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce on top of the grilled salmon fillets and garnish using sesame seeds and green onions
For this recipe, the calories in salmon teriyaki is about 170. It is important to take note of how much calorie intake you need per meal especially if you have a health condition.
#2. Teriyaki Salmon Burger
- marinated salmon fillet (200g, don’t remove the skin)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- teriyaki sauce
- Pour the sesame oil on a medium-heat pan.
- Put the marinated salmon inside the pan and cook until both sides done.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce on top of the salmon until fully coated
- Create “patties” using the rice.
- Fry the rice “buns” until the outside part is crispy.
- Top the rice "bun" with mayonnaise, salmon then lettuce then put the next rice “bun.” Repeat this procedure until you have your desired burger.
#3. Teriyaki Salmon Oven Recipe
- salmon fillet (2 1/2 lbs, thick slices)
- teriyaki sauce
- Grease a large rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Put the salmon slices in a bowl.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon fillet.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Put the salmon fillets to the prepared baking sheet
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the fish is flaky and cooked through.
- Brush the fillet with teriyaki syrup
- Garnish the dish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds as desired.
#4. Teriyaki Salmon Stir Fry
- Salmon Fillet skinless (16 oz, cut in 1” thickness)
- Red Bell Pepper (½ pc)
- Yellow Bell Pepper (½ pc)
- Carrot ( 1pc, large, peeled and cut like matchstick-size)
- Broccoli Florets
- Cooking Oil (2 Tbsp)
- Pat the salmon down with a paper towel to dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes and set in a medium bowl.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- Once you reach the right temperature, sauté the vegetables until they turned tender.
- Next, cook the salmon cubes for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the teriyaki sauce.
- Once the fish is cooked, add the vegetables and toss them all together.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for around 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan and on a plate, garnish the dish with sesame seeds or sliced green onion.
#5. Teriyaki Salmon Side Dishes
- salmon fillet (1pc, large)
- bell peppers (2 pcs, red or green, chopped)
- red onion, (½ pc, chopped)
- sliced carrots (1 cup)
- broccoli florets (2 cups)
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- cooking oil (2 tablespoons)
- teriyaki sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the baking sheet and put the salmon at the center.
- Mix the veggies in a bowl along with cooking oil. Coat evenly.
- Arrange the veggies surrounding the salmon but don’t put anything on top of the fish.
- Season the veggies and the fish meat with salt and pepper.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon and veggies.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until salmon is flaky and tender while the veggies are cooked enough.
- Pour more teriyaki sauce as desired
The fish meat may be cooked easily since it is already tender so be careful not to overcook it. You also have to be careful in cooking the veggies because just like the meat, if you will overcook it, you might lose the nutrients.
Teriyaki sauce can only add flavor but the nutrition still lies on the ingredients of the meal and since salmon and veggies are both nutritious, this is a favorite among health-conscious individuals.